If you have any questions, you can always reach us at email@example.com or at 212-854-2395.
Dear Class of 2023,
I am thrilled to welcome you to Columbia Law School as a member of the Class of 2023! I am the Dean of Students, and I lead our phenomenal Student Services team, which facilitates the onboarding process, academic advising, housing, student life programs, and graduation. We believe that the Law School experience is much more than just what happens in the classroom, and that together, we can build an inclusive community that supports you as you explore your passions and take advantage of all that Columbia and New York City have to offer.
Before discussing some of the ways that we will communicate with you, I want to introduce you to the professionals that make up our office:
- Robert Ford, Director of Student Services, provides academic support and counseling, oversees the joint degree programs, and serves as the primary resource for the leaders of the Law School’s affinity groups.
- Jeffrey Bagares, Assistant Director of Student Services, provides guidance and oversight for the Law School's student organizations and Sexual Respect Initiative.
- Jennifer Braden, Assistant Director of Academic Counseling and Students Support, counsels students, oversees disability accommodation, and manages Law School journals.
- Bernice Jusino, Senior Student Services Coordinator, is the contact for all student organization event listings on the Law School calendar and the heart of the Student Services team.
- Jordan Carr, Student Services Coordinator, oversees the room assignments, coordinates the Peer Mentor Program, and coordinates community service projects.
- Adrienne Leon, Housing and Student Life Manager, manages all aspects of on-campus housing, can help you explore the wide range of university housing options available, and oversees our marketing and digital communications.
- Joel Kosman, Academic Advising and Wellness Coach, leads Student Services’ Health and Wellness efforts and supports our academic advising.
Throughout the summer, you will hear from us through our To-Do Tuesday newsletters. You can find all of these newsletters compiled here. These newsletters contain important dates, R.S.V.P. information for events, welcome messages from various administrative offices, and other general information you should know or procedures to complete. Each task takes less than 20 minutes to complete and will help ensure your smooth transition to the Law School.
On behalf of the Student Services team, please let me reiterate that we are elated to welcome you to Columbia Law School! Should you have any questions, feel free to call us at 212-854-2395 or send us an email.
Dean of Students
Columbia Law School